Saturday, May 8, 2010

More Past Gigs. (In Fresno)

Now, as you may or may not know. I live in Fresno, California.
We get pretty decent shows here once in a while, but ever since our main venue, The Exit, closed down, there haven't been hardly any decent shows. :/
We have a few others as well, like The Save Mart Center. That's used for mainly sports events, and really big concerts. The Exit was used for like...smaller ones. Mostly hardcore scene kid bands would go play there. I loved The Exit, and was very sad when I heard that they would be closing, because the owner couldn't afford the rent for it anymore.
But alas, we have a few other venues around here. The Starline (great late night dance club), Rainbow Ballroom. Tower Theater. Club Retro (very nice. big open area. clean.) I'll be going to see Whitechapel at Club Retro on the 14th, I'll ALSO be seeing Straight No Chaser at The Rainbow Ballroom on the 14th as well. Two shows in one day, gonna be epic. I'm glad I bought my tickets early for Straight No Chaser, sold out quickly. :|
If you don't know who they are, they're a male A cappella group. With some amazing singing voices.


I'll also be seeing Bring Me The Horizon on the 21st of June at The Starline. I'm going just to take the piss, I wonder how long I'll be able to stay there without wanting to bludgeon someone to death. And I recently saw A Day To Remember w/ Silverstein, Enter Shikari, August Burns Red and Veara at the Rainbow Ballroom. ABR were really good, and ADTR as well. Enter Shitari were....well, shit.

Anyways. My first show I ever went to at The Exit was Suicide Silence back in 2007 I believe. Oh man it was amazing!
By the end of the show, the adrenaline was hella pumping through my veins. It was also my first time seeing Suicide Silence as well. If I remember correctly...August Burns Red was also there. And Craig Mabbitt was there, ex-Blessthefall and current singer for Escape The Fate. I took a few pics of him, AND he even signed my shoe! and I still have it to this very day. :D
The next day I saw Moria, back when they were still together. And that was another amazing show. This was all during October for my birthday, so I went to like, 3 shows over 3 days. The last show was with Parkway Drive, and they were amazing! I couldn't believe I actually got to see them live. After the show I got their autographs. :P
A few months after that I saw Alesana for the first time, and seeing as they were my most favourite band ever back then, I went mental when I found out they were coming to Fresno. Granted, they're still one of my top favourite bands, just not my number 1. ;)

Now fast forward to about middle of 2008 I think. I went and saw The Medic Droid w/ The White Tie Affair, two bands I really enjoy. That was a fun show. Lots of dancing and singing a long. Haha, oh I remember it like it was yesterday, however, the only reason I can remember all these shows is because of the photos I took, and looking at them brings back all the wonderful memories.

Oh! then around...sometime in Autumn, Calabrese came to The Exit. It was their first time in Fresno, and of course, my first time seeing them as well. I was so excited that I was FINALLY getting to see them. I took a couple pics with them, and got their autographs, which I actually still have! I have it kept in a safe place. If they ever come back to Fresno, I'll be damn sure to see them again. :)

Few months after that I went to see Abigail Williams w/Decrepit Birth and Veil of Maya at The Exit.
Amazing show as usual. I had only went to go see Abigail Williams and Decrepit Birth, and it turns out Veil of Maya were actually pretty decent.

Tis all I can be arsed to talk about for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment