Friday, May 7, 2010

Past Gigs.

The other day I was looking at all the old photos I had taken at the gigs I went to, and so many memories came back. Those were truly some amazing times.

One in particular would have to be the first Rockstar Mayhem Festival back in July of 2008.
It was one of the best gigs I went to that year!
The line-up the year was:

Main Stage:
Slipknot
Disturbed
DragonForce
Mastodon


Jägermeister Stage:
Machine Head
Airbourne
Five Finger Death Punch
Walls of Jericho

Hot Topic Stage:
Underoath
Black Tide
Suicide Silence
36 Crazyfists
The Red Chord

Probably the best line-up they've had so far.
Anyways, All the bands were amazing, minus WOJ, and The Red Chord. I don't like them.
Suicide Silence were amazing as always. But my favourite bands there was probably Disturbed. I'd never listend to them much before seeing them live, and it was the first time seeing them live as well. And damn they put on an amazing live show! I'll definitely see them again if they ever come back to Fresno. Slipknot were amazing as usual! DragonForce gave me a headache, but it was kind of lulz watching them.
I'll always remember that day. There lots of vendors there as well, after the bands finished playing they would go to their vendor and sign autographs and take pictures.
The Metal Mulisha freestyle motocross team was there as well, which was very entertaining to watch.
Also, seeing as it was in the middle of July in the middle of California, it was very hot. I should have worn sunscreen. I got sunburnt on my cheeks, nose, and scalp, but it was worth it!
All in all. Epic day.

They haven't come back to Fresno, yet. But I don't really care, the last two line-ups have been shit, like this years is...

Main stage
Korn
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
Five Finger Death Punch

Mayhem Festival stage
Atreyu
Norma Jean
In This Moment
3 Inches of Blood

Jägermeister stage
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Shadows Fall
Winds of Plague

All fail bands. I suppose Winds of Plague is alright, but meh.

Onto more past shows.
Hmmm....OH!
Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Now THEY put on an amazingly orgasmic show every year. It is now a tradition that I see them every Winter when they tour.
This upcoming Winter shall be my fourth time seeing them. Roll on November/December!
Last year they had a new violinist, and he had such energy! I loved every second of it.
There's been many other past shows that have been amazing, but I can't be arsed to talk about every one of them. So yeah.
Tis all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment