Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tobias Sammet.



Sooooo, lately I've been absolutely smitten with Tobias Sammet. Like, hella.
To be honest, I think he's my first celebrity crush. He's got it all, the looks, talent, personality, humour, and intelligence. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him! :|
He's pretty much the German version of Jon Bon Jovi.

I got into Avantasia about 3 years ago. I've always admired Tobias's voice. It's only recently that I've become more into him, along with Edguy. I mainly just listened to Avantasia, but ever since I gave Edguy the time of day, I've been absolutely smitten!
He has the perfect voice for both Power Metal and Heavy Metal.
If he ever comes back to San Francisco, I'll be damn sure to go!

One thing I love about him is his sense of humour. I've read people's opinions on him who've met him in real life, they all say he has a wonderful personality and good sense of humour. He also incorporates his humour into some of his songs and videos.
For example, Lavatory Love Machine, Judas at the Opera, Life and Times of A Bonus Track, Superheroes, All The Clowns, etc.
Tobias truly is a metal god. He's a pure genius!!
Here's a few videos showing his lovely sense of humour. ;)

First we have Lavatory Love Machine!
"Lavatory Love Machine" is one of the band's several joke songs and is unusual in that it is more accurately described as hard rock than heavy metal. The similarly joke lyrics, featuring much over-the-top innuendo (the song is about Tobias sitting in an airplane headed for Brazil that is going to crash and him having sex in the toilet with the stewardess)


Oh, I love it when Tobias cries. ♥

Superheroes.


BUNNIES! ♥

&
All The Clowns.


Tobias makes such a cute clown. ♥

Now for a couple Avantasia songs. He has the short hair now, a more mature look in my opinion, but he looks amazing no matter what. These songs are from his albums that have more of a heavy metal/hard rock sound. Contrary to his first two albums, The Metal Opera Pt 1. & 2. Which are Power Metal albums.

Dying For An Angel (Feat. Scorpion's Klaus Meine)


Lost In Space


A little bit of nostalgia for ya.
Back when Tobias had his long hair.


P.S. He has a bad-ass signature. ;)


P.P.S.
Some people have been comparing Tobias to that of Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden.
I admit, I think they sound a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit similar, vocally. I don't know.
What are you opinions?

P.P.P.S. People have also been comparing Avantasia/Edguy to similar bands, for example, "It's like Bon Jovi meets the Scorpions" or, "Bon Jovi meets Dream Theater", "Bon Jovi meets Helloween" or pretty much just calling them the German version of Bon Jovi. I think it's safe to say that they resemble Bon Jovi alright. :P
Your opinion?

P.P.P.P.S.
Edguy.


Possibly the most bad-ass picture in all of humanity. Fucking with fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment