Sunday, May 9, 2010

Trans-Siberian Orchestra.


So, lately I've been listening to a lot of TSO.
I just downloaded their album, Night Castle, and I'm already in love with it.
I remember during their live show back in December they played a few songs from this album, and I was like, "wow, I really love those songs, I need to download that album" but my procrastination got the best of me, until now!!
Ahh, listening to them REALLY makes me wish it were Winter already. I'm already so excited to see them again. After every show each year, I count the days till they return.

They recently did their first ever Spring tour, sadly the tour dates were very limited, and California wasn't on the list. :(
So I'll have to wait till November/December.

Here's a little info about TSO, for you n00bies. Courtesy of Wikipedia. :P

Trans-Siberian Orchestra is an orchestra founded in 1996 by Paul O'Neill, who brought together long-time friends Jon Oliva, Robert Kinkel, and Al Pitrelli. The band's musical style incorporates neoclassical, symphonic and progressive sorts of hard rock/metal.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra has recorded and performed renditions of traditional Christmas songs, and these have been among their most popular works. They are also known for their elaborate concerts, complete with a full light show and dozens of pyrotechnics that are synchronized with their performance.

O'Neill has managed and produced rock bands including Aerosmith, Humble Pie, and Scorpions, later writing for and producing Savatage, where he began working with Kinkel and Oliva. The concept for a band playing Christmas carols in a rock opera style was not received warmly by the industry, but quickly proved a success with adults as well as young people.

In the recording studio, Trans-Siberian Orchestra uses a full 60-piece orchestra and a choir. As of 2004, their touring band included 14 vocalists, 14 musicians, and 2 narrators.

Current members.

Composer:
Paul O'Neill - Composer, lyricist, producer
Jon Oliva - Composer
Robert Kinkel - Co-Producer, Keyboards, music director
Al Pitrelli - Guitars, music director

Vocals:
Adrienne Warren
James Lewis
Tommy Farese
Anthony Gaynor (also Narrator)
Alexa Goddard
Kristin Lewis Gorman
Erin Henry
Steena Hernandez
Jay Pierce
Bart Shatto
Brad Lewis
Steve Broderick
Danielle Landherr
David Kretzer
Andrew Ross
Scout (Scout Ford)
Bryan Hicks (also Narrator)
Jeff Scott Soto
Tim Hockenberry
Jamey Garner
Valentina Porter

Guitar:
Al Pitrelli
Chris Caffery
Alex Skolnick
Angus Clark

Bass:
Johnny Lee Middleton
Chris Altenhoff
John Weir

Drums:
Jeff Plate
John O. Reilly

Keyboards:
Jane Mangini
Derek Wieland
Luci Butler
Donald Rooney

Violin:
Anna Phoebe
Alison Zlotow
Roddy Chong
Caitlin Moe


Ah. I could go on and on about TSO.
I love them oh so much.
I can't wait for this upcoming winter. It shall be my 4th time seeing them, and many many MANY more to come in the future.
Every year I always get a headache from the light show they put on, cause my eyes are very sensitive to lights, but it is damn worth it.
Anyways, I'm orf to have an eargasm, courtesy of TSO. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment